D&D, Blood Bowl and other games, with a bit of maths.
I finally painted some Tyranids
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I finally got some time to do some painting (first time this year) and was able to get about half my Tyranid army covered in read and black. I was also able to finish off my Hive Tyrant and Zoanthropes.
I am sure this title has been over used since the Grey Knight codex hit the shelves but I really have not had much time for posting anything recently. I really like Terminators ( even if they are not the best value point for point ) so having a codex where they are troops without needing a special character is nice to see. Of course twenty terminators and a HQ sets you back about 1000 points so does not leave a lot of room for other units. This is where the Inquisitors help as they give you a cheap leader that still adds value to your force. Sadly the new breed of Inquisitor can not purchase a psychic hood so all these armies have to rely on the Knights natural aegis. If I can keep the Terminators within 12" of one of the Dreadnoughts then enemy psykers are down to Leadership 6 which is a good defence. Miles Militis Xenos @1500 64 Inquisitor; Psychic Communion, 3 Survo-Skulls 55 Inquisitor; Psychic Communion 36 Henchmen; 2 Multi-Melta Servitors, 4 Warriors 470 Termin...
Shadowdark House Rules These are the seven house rules I have been using for Shadowdark games during 2025. I could see making changes to the death timer for the second campaign but I am really happy with how the other six performed. 1 Character Creation - Stats After rolling your six stats in order you may swap one pair of numbers. As normal if none of your stats are 14 or higher, you may roll a new set of six numbers. Rational: This is an old rule from our Basic D&D Game to allow players to play their preferred Class. Given Stats are random anyway it is not really changing much while giving Players more choice (always a good thing). 2 COMBAT INITIATIVE! Simultaneous Initiative. All Players announce what their Character is going to do and then roll any dice for their actions. All Monsters then perform their actions. At the end of the combat round any Character or Monster who has gone to 0 HP or less falls unconscious and is dying. Rational: Initiative tend...
Background In WFRP the designers wanted a different approach to D&D and devised a system of careers. In First edition characters start with a random career within a broad category such as Warrior or Rogue. Later editions changed this to just a random roll across all careers. Each career has a number of predefined career exits allowing you to build up a career path. Fortunately you can also change to any other basic career should you have rolled badly or progressed into a dead end career. Our goal is to build a rogue as a foppish dandy by day but daring hero by night. Elves and Halfings are our race of choice (they both have night vision). For combat we want to be using a bow or sling and try to stay at range. Later on we can get some bolas for entangling opponents and making them easier to finish. Rogue careers start with a mix of social and stealth skills. Since we have already made the choice not to be a Warrior the best care...
Comments
Post a Comment